Developer / Publisher:
Apple App Store
Google Play Store
About $5.99 / €6.99 (in local currency)
February 8th 2023
Target Age Group:
Escape from Norwood is a mobile text adventure set in a vivid open world where everyone has an agenda.
Mostly text-based, but showcasing detailed 2D backgrounds for its 500 locations, Escape from Norwood lets you free to explore the world and try to combine hundreds of items in any way you want, to trigger unexpected effects on the lives of its 200 characters… or you can simply let the game run and watch their lives unfold before your eyes and without your input.
This richness of interactions comes with simplicity: no keyboard ever shows up, players simply tap on someone, something or somewhere to see the possible interactions and choose among them.
- Feel the depth of a classic text adventure, redesigned for modern platforms and optimized for touch screens.
- Explore a world that moves without your input, as inhabitants live their lives in real time around you.
- Interact with every character and every object through a modern, keyboard-less UI.
- Open world freedom: journey through the city and explore every nook and cranny on your own terms.
- Register important information in your diary, do your missions in any order.
- Uncanny spells: master the powers of a Shroud to move unseen throughout the city and spy on its secrets.
Cursed with a magic which does not fit within the five cardinal aelic callings, 13-years old Lecia has to hide from the guards and find a way out of the city. Yet this magic will allow her to sneak into places and observe plots and schemes that could shake the foundations of Magistan, as the Empress’ progress approaches Norwood.
What secret ties her family and an empire where the only discrimination is based on the order of birth?
For more about the world, read The Crossing, a short story of awakening and loyalty.
Download the announcement trailer (mp4)
Download all screenshots (zip)