Developer / Publisher:
Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android
About $5.99 / €6.99 (in local currency)
February 8th 2023 (mobile)
September 13th 2023 (Steam and itch.io)
Target Age Group:
Escape from Norwood is an illustrated text adventure set in a vivid open world where everyone has an agenda.
Mostly text-based, but showcasing detailed 2D backgrounds for its 500 locations, Escape from Norwood lets you free to explore the world and try to combine hundreds of items in any way you want, to trigger unexpected effects on the lives of its 200 characters… or you can simply let the game run and watch their lives unfold before your eyes and without your input.
This richness of interactions comes with simplicity: no keyboard ever shows up on mobile, players simply tap or click on someone, something or somewhere to see the possible interactions and choose among them. On desktop, keyboard shortcuts allow to play even faster and the game is fully playable through a screen reader.
- Feel the depth of a classic text adventure, redesigned for modern platforms.
- Optimized interface for touch screens on mobiles.
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts on desktop: the game can be played entirely with a keyboard and entirely without a keyboard.
- Full screen-reader support for the whole experience.
- Explore a world that moves without your input, as inhabitants live their lives in real time around you.
- Interact with every character and every object through a modern UI.
- Open world freedom: journey through the city and explore every nook and cranny on your own terms.
- Register important information in your diary, do your missions in any order.
- A dynamic hints system that lets you choose between vague, specific and walkthrough nudges.
- Uncanny spells: master the powers of a Shroud to move unseen throughout the city and spy on its secrets.
Cursed with a magic which does not fit within the five cardinal aelic callings, 13-years old Lecia has to hide from the guards and find a way out of the city. Yet this magic will allow her to sneak into places and observe plots and schemes that could shake the foundations of Magistan, as the Empress’ progress approaches Norwood.
What secret ties her family and an empire where the only discrimination is based on the order of birth?
For more about the world, read The Crossing, a short story of awakening and loyalty.